Resources » 6 secrets of the super healthy
Why do some people get every tummy bug and cold doing the rounds but some don’t ever get sick? According to WebMD these are their secrets to great health:
1. Get that body moving- Exercise is the single most important thing you can do to reduce sick days. Research suggests that consistent exercise gives your immune system a boost. Get moving as much as you can even if you break it up into shorts bursts throughout the day.
2. Wash your hands a lot-Your fingertips are home to some serious bacteria, and research suggests you touch your face, mouth, eyes and nose about 16 times an hour. To keep those germs at bay, wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
3. Mix up your meal plans- Eat as many different wholesome foods as you can and avoid fad diets. Build your meals around vegetables, drink Green Tea and try Probiotics such as yoghurt with live cultures.
4. Get plenty of sleep- People that have good quality sleep tend to be healthier. Research suggests that those that sleep less than 6 hours a night are 4 times more likely to catch a cold than those that sleep more than 7 hours a night.
5. Meditation- Taking slow deep breaths when you are stressed can be very effective. Research suggests mindfulness techniques can make you less likely to catch a cold and if you do catch one you will have fewer symptoms and recover quicker.
6. Get it on-People who have sex on a regular basis may have higher levels of an immune system protein called immunoglobulin A (IgA)